General Nutritional Facts :
Rabbit meat is a good source of protein and vitamin B12, Niacin(B3), Iron, Phosphorus and selenium. Rabbit meat is also low in sodium.
- Rabbit meat has 795 calories per pound. Chicken at 810. Veal at 840. Turkey at 1190. Lamb at 1420. Beef at 1440. Pork at 2050.
- Rabbit has a lower percentage of fat than chicken, turkey, beef or pork with 63% of unsaturated fatty acids at 63% of total fatty acids.
- Research shows that rabbit meat has been recommended for special diets such as for heart disease patients, diets for the elderly, low sodium diets and weight reduction diets.
- Because it is easily digested, it has been recommended by doctors for patients who has trouble eating other meats.
- The cholesterol level in rabbit meat is much lower than chicken, turkey, beef or pork.